Fitness and Wellness

Welcome to the blog made specially for YOU!

Friday, July 24, 2015

Kick, Punch Repeat…(Thursday july 23)

Still sore from Tuesday's lunges and Wednesday's Pilates/yoga I rolled right on into Kick boxing and boxing. In short, striking, striking, striking. For the boxing portion I put on my 45 lbs. weight vest and boxed 5-3 minute rounds. For the kickboxing I used all of the strikes for the Thursday july 16th workout. I removed the weight vest for the kicks/strikes.

Workout: Kicks, boxing

--kickboxing with MMA gloves--3 minute round

--boxing with 16oz. gloves and 45 lbs. weight vest--3 minute round

repeat alternating rounds until I did 5 rounds of each.

Music: Best of Dio Sabbath. Ronnie James Dio's vocals make it easy to strike the heavy bag.

**If you notice my weight vest has a bunch of duct tape on it. It is not to look cool, ha ha, in fact it pisses me off that I had to resort to that. The vest has little compartments for each weight. The material is coming apart, thus the tape. It's frustrating because I only use the vest for boxing, walking and crawls. It just goes to show that when it comes to gear like this it's best to go to a fight shop or professional store as opposed to your big box chains…which shall remain nameless.


No comments:

Post a Comment